It wasn’t until later this afternoon I realized why I’ve been such a crank ass today– tomorrow’s fat tuesday and I haven’t had any king cake yet. So i remedied that this evening by making two reduced fat Apple and Cream Cheese filled King Cakes. I’m sure there is something wrong with making them reduced fat, but it makes me feel better about eating it so it’ll do. I’m sure mine taste better than the two sad ones in the bakery at Giant this evening.
I have this one on the cake pedestal I bought for $10 at the “garage sale” at Suzie’s Bakery this weekend.
½ stick butter
1 tsp concentrated crab boil
½ small yellow onion
1 can cream of mushroom with roasted garlic
1 tbsp garlic
1 bag Louisiana Fish Fry brand etoufee mix
1 lb crawfish tails
2 frozen pie crusts
1. Cut off pinched edge of one frozen pie crust and let both crusts defrost
2. Saute garlic and onion in butter, then add c-fish tails and crab boil
3. Cook down and add cream of mushroom soup (At this time place uncut pie crust into 400 degree oven for 7 minutes)
4. Once soup is mixed well, add etoufee mix slowly to thicken (at this time it is time to remove pie crust from oven); add mixture to bottom pie crust and lie the 2nd pie crust on top pinching the edges
5. Melt butter to top of pie crust and bake at 400 degrees until golden brown (approx. 10 minutes)