This is a recipe I’ve adapted over time from ground turkey and red sauce to chicken with green sauce. These are generally quick and easy to make and also freeze well. They’re easy to adjust the proportions to use what you have on hand.
- Flour tortillas (I use the Mission brand 96% Fat Free Heart Healthy ones)
- 1 can enchilada verde sauce
- boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1 sweet onion chopped
- fresh mushrooms, sliced or chopped
- fresh spinach, chopped
- 1 8 oz block cream cheese (I use either fat free or Neufchatel 1/3 Less Fat)
- grated cheese (I currently use the Weight Watcher mexican blend)
Saute chopped onion and shredded chicken in olive oil (if you really want to lighten it up, use the Pam olive oil spray). Season onion with Tony’s Creole Seasoning or your own blend of salt, red and black pepper, cumin, garlic powder, chili powder. Add mushrooms once chicken and onions are almost done.
Add cream cheese and stir until melted and blended through. Add fresh spinach and stir until spinach is wilted.
Spoon mixture into tortillas and roll tightly placing in glass baking dish.
Pour sauce over entire pan and sprinkle top with cheese. Bake at 350 for 20 minutes or until cheese is melted and sauce is bubbly.